About the Virtual Roundtable
Life and societies are adaptive and so should businesses. Everyone is talking about agile, but what makes a company agile? It's not only about the technology, but also about the people and the company structure.
Markets and demands are changing rapidly. Flash sales, hypes but also global crises can lead to an increase in shop traffic. The hero and the villain of the hour then are the DEV OPS, however, they are more than a non-functional requirement. We mitigate dozens of risks, while project delivery and fewer people care about “Operational risks”.
We've invited Mark Croes, Digital Innovation Manager at Bidfood, and Alex Heusingfeld, Head of Digital Architecture at Vorwerk, to discuss at a virtual roundtable with Markus Tillmann, Executive Vice President at Mindcurv and Hajo Eichler, our Chief Technology Officer about two core theses.
Thesis 1: Do we underestimate the meaning of professional Operations?
Thesis 2: Who is really aware of the state of the art Ops requirements?
Watch the recap video and learn how to:
- Gain a holistic understanding on what influences stability and scalability
- Achieve insights on why large scale digital commerce / cloud businesses migrate their platforms to the cloud and how they run them. Examples we will cover:
- Vorwerk, IoT & Commerce
- Bidfood, B2B Food Services
- commercetools, technical insight
- Get an impression on how much investment is needed to operate platforms, according to best-in-class SLAs. In addition, how much maturity of an organisation is required to operate large scale and complex platforms
- Learn the business benefits “of being prepared”