Why am I being asked for this particular information upon registration?
Our research team uses this information to match the data you set up during registration with the studies we conduct.
What do I need to do in these studies?
Depending on the type of research study we are conducting, the tasks differ. Here is a description of what happens on each case:
- Surveys: we’ll send you a link that takes you to a survey form to fill out. Please note that we don’t typically offer a gift for participating in a survey.
- Usability tests: a scheduled screen-sharing session where a researcher will share with you a prototype of a feature in development that you can try out on your own. During the session, the researcher will collect feedback based on your experience. You’ll need to have a high-speed Internet connection.
- Interviews: before starting the development of new features, we sometimes need a bit more input from our users: how do they perform a task now?, what challenges do they encounter? We conduct these types of interviews via google hangouts to learn more about your experience with our platform tools (the Merchant Center or API).
You can choose all the types of participation you’d like to.
When will I get contacted?
We will only contact you when a research study fits you and matches your profile. We can’t guarantee that match will happen and then when, but we will never contact you more than once a week.
How much time do I need to commit?
Anywhere from 5 to 60 minutes, depending on the type of study:
- Surveys usually take 5-10 minutes.
- Usability tests are typically 30-45 minutes.
- Interviews can be anywhere from 30-60 minutes.
Our researchers are based in Germany, so we would normally conduct studies during business hours (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm GMT+1) with possible exceptions if needed.
What do I get in exchange?
At commercetools we do not want to lose sight of the responsibility we have for our environment. For every completed usability test and interview, the commercetools research team will plant trees on your behalf. Plant-for-the-planet is one of the environmental initiatives we support. Learn more in our social responsibility page.
I’m not the head of my department. Can I participate?
Absolutely! We want to hear from those who spend most of the time managing their online stores within the Merchant Center or building a commerce solution using our APIs. From novice to expert users: any feedback is more than welcome.
Will my info be kept confidential?
If I sign up, will you send me spam or sell my information to other companies?
How can I unregister?
You can find the unregistration form here.
I have more questions regarding the user research program. How can I contact you?
You can write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m ready to register. Where can I find the form?